Listing and Selling your Property
1. Find the right Tamarindo Real Estate agent with strong, experienced broker leadership to list your property using an Exclusive Right to Seller Agreement.
The experience and knowledge of a dedicated real estate professional can be priceless. A good agent and broker form a powerful team with their clients that makes it possible for them to have a smooth, successful, stress-free sale and ultimately a great investment. OR, list your property with an open listing agreement open to all but the very best agent's in the area. 2 or 3 seasoned professional's are more than sufficient to achieve maximum exposure.
2. Determine a proper asking price for your property:
Selling any property can be tricky in Tamarindo's market so it is paramount you have an attractive price point attached to your property. Buyer's need to feel some upside, or they will move on; there is nothing worse than having an overpriced, stale listing on the market. Also, weigh your priorities – selling price is certainly important, but having a quick and efficient sale can often be worth accepting a lower offer. Make sure you’re comfortable with where your priorities lie.
3. Prepare your home for showing using professional photos
Underprepared homes can be sales disasters. Your home will never get as much attention from potential buyers as when it is first listed, so clearing clutter, cleaning, making repairs, and putting your home’s best foot forward is essential. Once this is done, have a professional photographer come in to capture the best lighted images possible. We cannot understate the fact that good quality photos sell any properties faster. Don’t “open for business” until your home is ready to be seen as favorably as possible.
4. Find out what your local market looks like
Being realistic about your market is the key to a smooth sale. There is no substitute for current professional real estate proefessional's opinions when it comes to real time in the know market knowledge.
5. List away!
Lots of photos and online exposure are the key to getting a good response for your listing. Working with an agent who uses Point2 Agent software is a great step in the right direction. Now just “open” the house and sit back and wait for the flood of eager buyers!
6) Organise Your Legal Documents - Its super important for you, the seller, to contact your attorney for anything and all legal documentation before listing your property. Make sure all your property and corporate taxes are up to date and be prepared to have a shareholder's meeting authorising the sale of the property since these will all be required by the transaction attorney and escrow, among many others. Also make sure all HOA and property Mangement fees are current as well. By taking care of this beforehand unforeseen surprises in terms of closing delays can be averted. Please keep in mind that as of July 1st, 2019 a seller must pay a 2.5% capital gains tax base on the sales price as per the tax reform package passed last year " IE: Fortalecimiento de las Finanzas Publicas''.