The Right Selling Price Affects Your Bottom Line-When you’re selling your home, the price you set is a critical factor in the market's reaction you will receive. That’s why you need a professional evaluation from an experienced realtor. This person can provide you with an honest assessment of your home based on several factors including:
- Condition of your home
- Repairs or improvements made of needed
- Selling Time frame
- Recent comparable sales
- Relative market conditions
In real estate terms, market value is the price at which a particular house in its current condition, will sell within 30 to 90 days. However, in Tamarindo the average time on market can be 6 to 12 months.
If the price of your home is too high several things can happen:
- Limits buyers. Potential buyers may not view your home, because it would be out of their price range.
- Limits showings. Other sales people may be less reluctant to show your home.
- Used as leverage. Other realtors may use your over-priced home to sell against homes that are better priced.
- Extended stay on the market. When a home is on the market too long, it may be perceived as defective. Buyers may wonder, “what’s wrong,” or “why hasn’t this sold?”, Basically making it a stale listing.
- Lower price. An overpriced home having been on the market beyond the average selling time,could lead to a lower selling price in the end. In order to sell it you may have to reduce the price, sometimes several times with the result being less seller net proceeds than if it had been properly priced from the start.
Realtors have known this for years – Well-kept and properly-priced properties from the beginning will always achieve the quickest sale for the best price and highest net seller proceeds. And that’s why you need Sol Realty to assist you in the selling of your home.